[EnergyPlus_Support] Solar PV Impact on the Electrical Grid

In the State of Utah, the local utility wants to charge for net-meeting on residential buildings. One of their claims is roof-top PV system does not change the size of the grid or the power generation. Is there a study that would answer this question for the residential sector?

My experience using EnergyPlus simulation with commercial buildings shows demand savings during the summer months using a PV system. I would expect the same on residential buildings. Are there prototypical residential models, similar to the PNL's commercial prototypical models, that we can use for our own analysis?

Posted by: cjcfromslc@xxxxxxxxx