[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Ground Contact Surface Constructions [OPENSTUDIO]





I uploaded a screen shot.

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/EnergyPlus_Support/files/Capture.PNG

 



I'm trying to see how insulation will affect my cooling load.
To simplify things, I only wanted to use one material for my wall insulation.
To do so I decided to delete all the interior surface constructions and create an exterior surface construction
that consist of only one material.

I made the U-factor for that one material roughly 0.47 w/m2k and checked it with a similar
U-factor that was made up of both interior and exterior surface constructions.

The heating and cooling loads were off by about 40%.
The sample that was made of only one material had a cooling demand that was 40% higher.

does any one know the cause? According to the results the U-factor of the actual surface is pretty similar but when the results are different between a single exterior surface construction only vs both single and interior surface.

__._,_.___

Posted by: benjamin_khuong@xxxxxxxxx


Primary EnergyPlus support is found at:
http://energyplus.helpserve.com or send a message to energyplus-support@xxxxxxxx

The primary EnergyPlus web site is found at:
http://www.energyplus.gov

The group web site is:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/EnergyPlus_Support/

Attachments are currently allowed but be mindful that not everyone has a high speed connection.  Limit attachments to small files.

EnergyPlus Documentation is searchable.  Open EPlusMainMenu.pdf under the Documentation link and press the "search" button.




Visit Your Group
Yahoo! Groups
• Privacy • Unsubscribe • Terms of Use

__,_._,___