Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Modelling CHP according to DES Guidance V2-2010 [1 Attachment]

Hi Jean,

Thank you for your answers and suggestion for  LEEDuser.com

The guide I mentioned is about district energy source modelling prepared by USGBC. I sent this guide to you in an attach file.

The requirements in this guide also exist in LEED Reference Guide for Building Design and Construction v.4 (page 363 - 373). However, Option 2 is represented as Path 2 in Option 1 in v.4.

You mentioned about modelling propose systems as designed. In project, CHP systems work with backup HVAC systems. However, I need to model HVAC systems without CHP according to Option 2. The calculations of CHP is carried out according to a calculation methodology (as an external calculation) described in guide. Besides, it is mentioned about modelling absorption chiller for proposed case if there is a system as an absorption chiller converts heating energy to chilled water in project. And yes, absorption chillers exist in project that use exhaust gas thermal energy of CHP systems. Therefore, district heating source of absorption chillers is exhaust gas thermal energy, isn't it ? If so, how can I model absorption chiller for propose building because there aren't any CHP systems in my energy model. The main problem of mine is this question.

By the way, I realized that absorption chiller is modelled for baseline building if you select Option 1 (Path 1) according to v.4. However, there isn't any notice about option selection for this case in guide I mentioned. Therefore, should I consider this case according to v.4 ?

Kind regards,

Alpay Akguc