[EnergyPlus_Support] Windows radiation rate

Hi everyone,

Currently working on a project, I'm having troubles with solar radiation rate.

I would like to know the total heat to fight in a room and, to me, heat is composed of internal and external heat gains. Therefore, I have internal gains (lights, people and material) but I don't know which variable should I use to estimate the external gains. Indeed, I am hesitating between the Zone windows total heat gain rate and the Zone windows total transmitted solar radiation rate. I used the I/OReference pdf file to get information on which one to choose and I would go for the first one.

However, when I draw the Zone group sensible cooling rate value, it seems that it is just compensating internal gains and the zone windows total transmitted solar radiation rate which is not the one I have chosen.
Actually, the Zone windows total heat gain rate is composed of the zone windows total transmitted solar radiation rate + [Convective heat flow to the zone from the zone side of the glazing]
+ [Net IR heat flow to the zone from zone side of the glazing]
? [Short-wave radiatioon from zone transmitted back out the window]
+ [Conduction to zone from window frame and divider, if present]

Therefore, I feel a bit lost and I am wondering which one should I finally use if I want to fight the sensible heat gains in the considered zone !

If someone could help me, I would really appreciate !

Thanks in advance,

Florian

Posted by: fchermeux@xxxxxxxxx