[EnergyPlus_Support] Can a ZoneHVAC:FourPipeFanCoil Have Night Cycle Control?

Hello all -

I'm modeling zonal fan coil units (constant fan, variable flow) with a dedicated outside air system, and I was wondering if there is any way to get night cycle control?

I'm using the template objects, and there is no field for night cycle control. I can swap out the availabilitymanager:scheduled for an availabilitymanager:nightcycle in the DOAS airloop post-expansion, but it doesn't work.

I've also noticed that there is an additional field in the expanded ZoneHVAC:FourPipeFanCoil that isn't typically there. It is a field that asks for an availability manager list. However, upon creating a list with the appropriate night cycle manager, still nothing. I've even double-checked and made sure that all components have a schedule with 1's and 0's in the appropriate times.  I thought maybe it was because the fan coil was using a fan:constantvolume and not a fan:onoff, but that didn't workeither.  Trying variable fan and variable flow control with a fan:variable volume object also does not work.

Is it even possible, and if so, how?  From the documentation intro on the availabilitymanager:nightcycle object, it sounds like maybe it only works with systems with full-blown air handlers? Thanks for your time and help!

Jacob Dunn - LEED AP

Posted by: Jacob Dunn <arch.dunn@xxxxxxxxx>