[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

[EnergyPlus_Support] Can a ZoneHVAC:FourPipeFanCoil Have Night Cycle Control?





Hello all -

I'm modeling zonal fan coil units (constant fan, variable flow) with a dedicated outside air system, and I was wondering if there is any way to get night cycle control?

I'm using the template objects, and there is no field for night cycle control. I can swap out the availabilitymanager:scheduled for an availabilitymanager:nightcycle in the DOAS airloop post-expansion, but it doesn't work.

I've also noticed that there is an additional field in the expanded ZoneHVAC:FourPipeFanCoil that isn't typically there. It is a field that asks for an availability manager list. However, upon creating a list with the appropriate night cycle manager, still nothing. I've even double-checked and made sure that all components have a schedule with 1's and 0's in the appropriate times.  I thought maybe it was because the fan coil was using a fan:constantvolume and not a fan:onoff, but that didn't workeither.  Trying variable fan and variable flow control with a fan:variable volume object also does not work.

Is it even possible, and if so, how?  From the documentation intro on the availabilitymanager:nightcycle object, it sounds like maybe it only works with systems with full-blown air handlers? Thanks for your time and help!



Jacob Dunn - LEED AP



__._,_.___

Posted by: Jacob Dunn <arch.dunn@xxxxxxxxx>


Primary EnergyPlus support is found at:
http://energyplus.helpserve.com or send a message to energyplus-support@xxxxxxxx

The primary EnergyPlus web site is found at:
http://www.energyplus.gov

The group web site is:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/EnergyPlus_Support/

Attachments are currently allowed but be mindful that not everyone has a high speed connection.  Limit attachments to small files.

EnergyPlus Documentation is searchable.  Open EPlusMainMenu.pdf under the Documentation link and press the "search" button.




Visit Your Group
Yahoo! Groups
• Privacy • Unsubscribe • Terms of Use

__,_._,___