[EnergyPlus_Support] Heating and cooling loads

Hi everyone

I would be appreciated if there is any one to explain me the formula which Energyplus use to calculate the Heating and Cooling loads, for example in Italy we use:

QH,nd = QH,ht - ηH,gn .Qgn = (QH,tr + QH,ve ) - ηH,gn . (Qint +Qsol)

QC,nd = Qgn - ηC,ls . QC,ht = (Qint + Qsol) - ηC,ls . (QC,tr +QC,ve)

where :

- QH, nd is the ideal requirement of thermal energy for heating the building;

- QC, nd is the ideal requirement of thermal energy for cooling the building;

and

- QH, ht is the total heat exchange between the confined environment and exterior in the case of heating;

- QC, ht is the heat exchange between total confinement and in the case of external cooling;

- QH, tr is the heat exchange for transmission during the period of heating;

- QC, tr is the heat exchange for transmission during the period of cooling;

- QH, there is heat exchange by ventilation during the heating period;

- QC, there is heat exchange by ventilation during cooling;

- Qgn are the total heat gains;

- Int Q are the internal heat gains;

- Sol Q are the solar heat gains;

- Î?H, gn is the utilization factor of the heat input;

- Î?C, ls is the utilization factor of heat loss

for sure there would be somthing like this formula, I would be grateful for any help.

Hossein

Posted by: alvand_eng@xxxxxxxxx