[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Designbuilder 90.1 baseline





I think DB assumes that you will create the Baseline model first, then make a copy and adapt it to the Proposed specifications.
This is backwards from ASHRAE and LEED's normal recommendation, but is not a big shift or difficult to do.  Up until recently it was my normal practice to create the Baseline first because design details are sometimes slow to be decided upon :(.  More recently, I see advantages in creating the Proposed system first, but it's not a major issue.

On Mon, Jan 12, 2015 at 8:07 AM, 'jeannieboef@xxxxxxxxx' jeannieboef@xxxxxxxxx [EnergyPlus_Support] <EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
 

Check with DB. They are aware of this issue. I don't know if they've solved it yet.

Mit freundlichen Grü�en- Sent from my iPhone (excuse the brevity)

i. A.
Jean Marais
b.i.g. bechtold

On 12.01.2015, at 03:25, "Hj W hj_630@xxxxxxxxx [EnergyPlus_Support]" <EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

 

I dont know if anyone here has experience on DesignBuilder. I noticed designbuilder can create either proposed or 90.1 baseline building based on the template. But if I created a proposed building and want to convert it into 90.1 baseline, is there a quick way to do it?

Many thanks
HJ




--

James V Dirkes II, PE, BEMP, LEED AP
CEO/President
The Building Performance Team Inc.
1631 Acacia Dr, GR, Mi 49504

Direct: 616.450.8653
jim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Website l  LinkedIn

The truth is like a lion; you donâ??t have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself.



__._,_.___

Posted by: Jim Dirkes <jim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>


Primary EnergyPlus support is found at:
http://energyplus.helpserve.com or send a message to energyplus-support@xxxxxxxx

The primary EnergyPlus web site is found at:
http://www.energyplus.gov

The group web site is:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/EnergyPlus_Support/

Attachments are currently allowed but be mindful that not everyone has a high speed connection.  Limit attachments to small files.

EnergyPlus Documentation is searchable.  Open EPlusMainMenu.pdf under the Documentation link and press the "search" button.




Visit Your Group
Yahoo! Groups
• Privacy • Unsubscribe • Terms of Use

__,_._,___