[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] simulation settings to shorten the run time





Create 4 different RunPeriods, one for each of the days you mention - something like this:
Inline image 1

On Sat, Jan 24, 2015 at 7:13 AM, ipekgursel@xxxxxxxxx [EnergyPlus_Support] <EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
 

Hi,


I am linking EnergyPlus (and Radiance) to an evolutionary optimization tool that I am developing. To be able to generate and evaluate many design alternatives, I need to significantly shorten the simulation run time. The 4 calculations I am doing are heating load (21 dec.), cooling load (21 june), and lighting load (21 mar and 23 sep). what are the simulation settings that I can change? 

I already simplified the model as much as I can. My question is only about the simulation...


thanks in advance!!!




--

James V Dirkes II, PE, BEMP, LEED AP
CEO/President
The Building Performance Team Inc.
1631 Acacia Dr, GR, Mi 49504

Direct: 616.450.8653
jim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Website l  LinkedIn

The truth is like a lion; you donâ??t have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself.



__._,_.___

Posted by: Jim Dirkes <jim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>


Primary EnergyPlus support is found at:
http://energyplus.helpserve.com or send a message to energyplus-support@xxxxxxxx

The primary EnergyPlus web site is found at:
http://www.energyplus.gov

The group web site is:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/EnergyPlus_Support/

Attachments are currently allowed but be mindful that not everyone has a high speed connection.  Limit attachments to small files.

EnergyPlus Documentation is searchable.  Open EPlusMainMenu.pdf under the Documentation link and press the "search" button.




Visit Your Group
Yahoo! Groups
• Privacy • Unsubscribe • Terms of Use

__,_._,___