Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Fan Total Efficiency Calculation

Dear Ivan, Do you mean fan efficiency for 90.1 Baselines?
In this case it actually doesn't matter what you use as default as long as you get the right fan power. You can set fan efficiency at 70% and adjust pressure drop to get the power that you need.

If you meant, determining fan efficiency for a real system, remember E+ fan efficiency is fan and motor efficiency combined.  In my experience in a good case senario this wouls be more around 55%. But it varies a lot depending in fan size and how close you are to nominal fan conditions. To determine this I eould ideally use design data (pressure drop and flow) and fan curves to determine operation point and corresponding fan power and efficiency. In the case of VAV you would try to match this curves in your model.

Best regards,

Santiago.

> On 30 Jan 2015 12:54, "Ivan Mezzacapa ivan_slip@xxxxxxxxxxx [EnergyPlus_Support]" <EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>

>> Hi everyone,
>>
>> someone has a spreadsheet to calculate fan total efficiency, according to the type (constant volume, variable volume)?
>>
>> Always keep the value of 70%, which is standard of energyplus.
>>
>> I would like to calculate this with more discretion.
>>
>> Thank you very much!
>>

>> Técg. Ivan Mezzacapa
>>
>> Projetista  de Ar Condicionado / Consultor em Eficiência Energética
>>

>> LinkedIN: http://www.linkedin.com/in/ivanmezzacapa
>> Celular: (11)9963-9326

Posted by: Santiago Velez <santiagogvelez@xxxxxxxxx>