RE: [EnergyPlus_Support] HAMT Surface Inside Face Relative Humidity

There are a couple of things to understand.  First, WUFI will be much better at predicting wall conditions if you have good material properties and weather data.  Next, in many climates, the outdoor RH averages about 70% and most hygroscopic materials will equilibrate with that.  I’m not sure how HAMT deals with rain as there was no rain rate in the weather files.  Not knowing your assembly, a relatively thin south wall may heat up and dry out on the inboard side.  I would also look at interior temperature and RH as well as the wall surface temperature.  If your model interior is very dry (low RH dry) for some reason, the inner surface will dry out more.

I am also uncertain how HAMT starts a simulation.  Heavy masonry materials often take a couple of years simulation to stabilize with WUFI.  You may need to check the wall profile, a more challenging task with HAMT.

Ned Lyon, P.E. (MA, WV)
Staff Consultant

SIMPSON GUMPERTZ & HEGER
781.907.9000 main