[EnergyPlus_Support] Re: Unmet Hours from Outdoor Air Units in EnergyPlus [1 Attachment]

Thank you Jean,

As you told before, I tested my HVAC input into a simpler model (which I took from e+ example file, HVACTemplate-5ZoneVAVFanPowered.idf). Then I copied all HVAC equipments I made previously into this model. Since I want to test VRF+OAmixer (included in VRF TU) and VRF+OAunit (in separate unit, VRF TU & ZoneHVAC:OutdoorAirUnit) then I created 2 idfs, there are model_mixer.idf and model_OAU.idf respectively.

I run both files in v8.3. The result is similar with my previous complex model, VRF with mixers has fewer unmet hours (179.25 hours) and the other possess way too many (1925 hours). I think I'm going to send you both files since I don't have very strong background in technical details both on e+ and HVAC machines. I hope one or two hints would drive me further in comprehending how this OAU works alongside VRF TU in eplus.

My goal is to reduce the number of unmet hours significantly in model_OAU.idf since our proposed design for LEED implements Mechanical Ventilation 100%OA.

PS: I attached also .wea files of Surabaya-Indonesia, should it helps.

Best Regards,
Ade

View attachments on the web

Posted by: ad3_prasetya@xxxxxxxxx