Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] sky clearness and solar model indicator

It sounds like you want to modify the solar radiation on the weather file to be  always clear, i.e., with Cloud Cover of 0. Algorithmically this is quite straight-forward, just run the ASHRAE Clear Sky Model for all days. Unfortunately, although the ACSM is quite simple, you will need to give it the solar altitude every hour. What you might do is to save the solar radiation values from the design runs as you have described for the 21st of each month, and repeat those for all days of that month. The errors would be minimal.

Sent from my iPhone
Joe Huang
White Box Technologies
346 Rheem Blvd Suite 108D