[EnergyPlus_Support] Use of hybrid ventilation object

Dears,

I am simulating a building where I would like to analyse the use of hybrid ventilation. I start using the file FanCoil_HybridVent_VentSch . I understand that the logic behind the control of the hybrid ventilation object is that when the control mode is 0 no ventilation is operated (windows closed). If I use the mode 1 the windows based on the outdoor temperature and when the windows are open , the air conditioning is off. But I noticed that when the windows are open (status =1) I check that the cooling coil rate is not zero. Is that correct? I simulated the same building in the example file with and without the hybrid ventilation. I verify that the energy consumption with the hybrid ventilation promotes a higher energy consumption than the building without hybrid ventilation, which I found it odd(I would expect the opposite).

Is there anybody who already worked with that object and can help to figure out what is wrong?

Thanks for any help.

Regards,

Alberto Hernandez Neto

Avast logo

Este email foi escaneado pelo Avast antivírus.

Posted by: "Alberto" <ahneto@xxxxxx>