[EnergyPlus_Support] HVACTemplate:Zone:Unitary does not provide specified outdoor air

Hi,

I have a simple one-zone model, air conditioned with HVACTemplate:Zone:Unitary and HVACTemplate:System:Unitary objects.

In HVACTemplate:Zone:Unitary object I specified 0.00944 m3/s.person. But the amount of outdoor air introduced into the zone is always lower than this.

I expected that this field sets the minimum outdoor air that the system must provide for hygiene reasons, and in case of more heating and cooling demands the air flow (outdoor or mixed return air) exceeds this set point.

But this is not the case in my model.

Have I made a mistake, or this system is not capable of ensuring the specified amount of fresh air? How can one guarantee the outdoor airflow without a dedicated outdoor air system?

I would appreciate your comments, especially from experts in HVAC systems.

Farhang

Posted by: farhang.tahmasebi@xxxxxxxxx