Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Self Contained VAV with a Variable Speed Water-to-Air Heat Pump

The UnitarySystem is a special EneryPlus component in that it is a very flexible and allows for a wide variety of components to be used within it, but all its permutations haven't been tested. As far as I am aware, it is the only way to create a self-contained VAV that controls to a SetPoint manager rather than a specific zone. I posted this question here and it is being looked at further by the EnergyPlus development team. As I stated earlier, it seems to work fine with a single speed compressor, but struggles with a variable speed unit.

Posted by: noahpflaum@xxxxxxxxx