From: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, June 17, 2015 8:58 AM
To: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [EnergyPlus_Support] EnergyPlus Sketchup workflow

Hey, I need help for my Phd thesis where I want to simulate buildings in EnergyPlus. So my question is what is the common work-flow for modeling a building regarding geometry, materials and weather data. I tried to built a model in Legacy OpenStudio sketchUp plugin but I dont know how to put parameters of materials into the model. Is the sketchUp plugin only used for geometrics or is it also possible to include material parameters in SketchUp? Or do I have to export geometric data from Sketchup to OpenStudio Application and then run a simulation out of the OpenStudio? Kind regards, Gosia

Posted by: "Edward G. Lyon" <EGLyon@xxxxxxx>