Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Weather Data Hourly Interpolation

The weather data is interpolated only if the time step is set to less than an hour, because the vast majority of weather files have hourly data. The interpolation is essentially linear, with weighting added to smooth the data.  I don't know of any basis for the weighting or linear interpolation except for general principle of continuity.  Even then, that doesn't really apply to parameters like wind speed and direction.

The effect on system simulations would be to reduce discontinuities due to the granularity of the hourly weather data. This issue does not apply to DOE-2 models, which uses only an hourly time step.

Joe
Joe Huang
White Box Technologies, Inc.
346 Rheem Blvd., Suite 205A