[EnergyPlus_Support] Airflow network compared to ZoneInfiltration:Effective Leakage Area

Hello,

I am comparing a simple box house using two different methods for determining the interior RH and temperature.

I used the ZoneInfiltration:EffectiveLeakageArea (ZI:ELA) and compared it to a MultiZonewithoutDistribution version of the airflow network(AFN).  I used the same area for the AFN as in the ZI:ELA just distributed on the flat roof and 4 sides.

When I compare the two I get similar interior temp and moisture outputs but for the AFN i get air change rates that can be 8-10 times that of when I use the ZI:ELA.  Any ideas why this may be the case?

Thanks,
Philip

Posted by: rueboudreaux@xxxxxxxxx