Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Annual Glare using Open Studio

Steph,

For Openstudio-related questions, you are much better off asking them on unmethours.com since the developers are actually on it everyday.

Long story short, the numbers are stored in the SQL file, so you need to query it.

As far as BDSF goes, there's a new field in the OS app for Window Materials called "Window Glass Spectral Data Set Name, but I haven't used it yet. And as previously, you can always use an EnergyPlus measure to add your BDSF constructions to your osm file prior to running E+.

Best,
Julien

--
Julien Marrec, EBCP, BPI MFBA
Energy&Sustainability Engineer

LinkedIn (en) : www.linkedin.com/in/julienmarrec
LinkedIn (fr) : www.linkedin.com/in/julienmarrec/fr

Hi all, I would appreciate your help on this issue

I want to calculate the annual glare (DGPs) of an office model that I'm working with. I obtained the DGP map in the results viewer but I want to know if its possible to obtain the results in figures (excel file) so I can plot my own map.

Additionally, just to confirm: I'm also interested on glare predictions using  advanced window systems (BSDF obtained  from Window 7 or genBSDF) but, as far as I understand, the use of BSDF in Open Studio is possible now (3 Phase Method) but only with the use of venetian blinds. Then the use of user-defined-BSDF would be implemented in a future version. Is this right, up to this date?

I thank you in advance

Steph.

Posted by: Julien Marrec <julien.marrec@xxxxxxxxx>