[EnergyPlus_Support] Gas Heating Coil Nominal capacity change with heating setpoints change

Hi, all

Further to my previous question, now Iâ??m doing simulations about heating setpoints changing in DOE Post-1980 Medium Office model. VAV system is used in the model, DX two-speed electric cooling coil and gas cooling coils are installed in the central plant, and electric reheat coils are equipped at the outlet of VAV box. I tried to consider the influence of system autosizing on the energy performance. So for one set of simulations, I just change the heating setpoints, and leave system and component sizing (nominal capacity, maximum flowrate, etc.) as â??autosizeâ??in the idf file. For the other set of simulations, I fixed the sizing values as they were in the file with original setpoint, then changed the setpoints.

With the heating setpoint goes down, the gas heating coil nominal capacity goes up, and electric reheat coil nominal capacity stays the same, which looks confusing to me. Could anyone help me to explain that?

Thanks a lot!

Best,

Kelly

Posted by: hkllzhang@xxxxxxxxx