[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] non-convex warning





you should just cut your roofs into triangles.

cheers

Vincent

On Thu, Dec 3, 2015 at 8:57 AM, fati_tilak@xxxxxxxxx [EnergyPlus_Support] <EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
 

Hi, 
Does anybody know how to fix the "non-convex warning". The following warning says my roofs are not convex!!! 
It makes me mad. I did everything I knew but the problem still remains. It is very odd to me because I can run some other model with similar zone shape without any warning.
I am not even sure about the effects of this warning on the result of my model.
Would you please help me to fix it. 
I attached the IDF file to this Email.It may helps.

Thanks in advance.
Best,
Tilak.

************* Beginning Zone Sizing Calculations
** Warning ** CheckConvexity: Zone="ZONE_S_U4", Surface="OBJ:0159" is non-convex.
** ~~~ ** ...vertex 5 to vertex 6 to vertex 7
** ~~~ ** ...vertex 5=[10.15,17.55,14.59]
** ~~~ ** ...vertex 6=[10.15,11.80,14.59]
** ~~~ ** ...vertex 7=[9.35,11.80,14.59]

** Warning ** CheckConvexity: Zone="ZONE_S_E", Surface="OBJ:0067" is non-convex.
** ~~~ ** ...vertex 2 to vertex 3 to vertex 4
** ~~~ ** ...vertex 2=[6.75,11.80,17.09]
** ~~~ ** ...vertex 3=[7.55,11.80,17.09]
** ~~~ ** ...vertex 4=[7.55,7.90,17.09]

** Warning ** DetermineShadowingCombinations : Surface="OBJ:0159" is a receiving surface and is non-convex 





__._,_.___

Posted by: vincent lacour <vlacour@xxxxxxxxx>


Primary EnergyPlus support is found at:
http://energyplus.helpserve.com or send a message to energyplus-support@xxxxxxxx

The primary EnergyPlus web site is found at:
http://www.energyplus.gov

The group web site is:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/EnergyPlus_Support/

Attachments are currently allowed but be mindful that not everyone has a high speed connection.  Limit attachments to small files.

EnergyPlus Documentation is searchable.  Open EPlusMainMenu.pdf under the Documentation link and press the "search" button.




Visit Your Group
Yahoo! Groups
• Privacy • Unsubscribe • Terms of Use

__,_._,___