[EnergyPlus_Support] Refrigeration Energy Increase by Adding DOAS on HVAC System

Hi Groups,

I have some trouble with the energyplus result. I am modeling a retail building with so many refrigeration cases on several zones. I use HVAC Template : chilled water loop with fan coil units. Then, I add the DOAS template to the fan coil unit. I only use one DOAS for all fan coils.

The total cooling energy in table "energy end use" after adding the DOAS is reducing, but the refrigeration energy increase. Meanwhile, the time cooling setpoint not met is reducing from 400 to 100.

So, it is very confusing for me, I think the refrigeration energy should be reduced when the time cooling setpoint not met reduced.

And why does adding DOAS can impact the refrigeration case energy? The energy increment for the refrigeration is more than the energy reduced by adding the DOAS. So, overall, after adding DOAS, the sytem became more inefficient.

Hope someone had faced the same problem before and can help me to explain this!

Thanks

Posted by: hidayah.annisanurul@xxxxxxxxx