Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Window U-factor

Dear Hossein,

I suggest to use Window 7.4, from LBNL... This freeware is perfect for what you need!
Att,
Carlos Krebs

On Thursday, 18 February 2016, alvand_eng@xxxxxxxxx [EnergyPlus_Support] <EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Dear all

Does any one know where to find window U-factor in energy plus out put? actually I introduce my window character for energyplus through window material glazing and window property such as frame and divider(identification of frame and frame conductance) but at least in out put I can see U-factor of glazing and frame separately while I need the whole window u-factor!

the second question is that how to put a commercial window character for example : (frame Uf 0,92 W/m²K, glazing Ug 0,6 W/m²K, window Uw 0,78 W/m²K.) in energy plus or at least hot to put the whole U value of the window in order to have more accurate result.

Any help would be appreciated,Thank you.

Hossein

Posted by: Carlos Krebs <clmkrebs@xxxxxxxxx>