RE: [EnergyPlus_Support] Call for IDF Editor Suggestions

Brilliant! Thanks, Jason!

Yi

From: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: 12 April 2016 16:08
To: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Call for IDF Editor Suggestions

Yi

I added your EP-Launch suggestion at:

https://github.com/NREL/EnergyPlus/issues/5605

I am still making a list of all the IDF Editor suggestions.

Jason

On 4/1/2016 6:15 AM, 'Dr Yi Zhang' yi@xxxxxxxxxx [EnergyPlus_Support] wrote:

Hi Jason,

It would be great if you can consider the following three. They are relevant to the jEPlus users:

1. Make the IDF editor tolerate Unix line ends ('\n').

2. Provide an option to disable value checks on the input fields. This may be a little complicated to implement, but it will allow users to input search tags (for parametrics) in the fields.

3. Offer an option to choose an alternative epl-run script (sorry, this is EP-Launch, I suppose). In this way user can switch between simulation targets without having to edit the batch file.

Cheers,

Yi