[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

[EnergyPlus_Support] VRF Min/Max Operating Temperatures





Hi All,


I'm modeling an air-cooled VRF system with custom performance curves developed from manufacturer's data. For the cooling mode, the outdoor air temperature data is dry-bulb. For the heating mode, the outdoor air temperature data is wet-bulb. I'm assuming that the minimum/maximum outdoor temperature fields should agree with the range of temperatures used to build the performance curves to prevent extrapolation. 


For the min/max temperatures in cooling mode, I've entered in the min/max dry-bulb temperatures from the performance data. (The Input/Output Reference specifically says "dry-bulb temperature").


For the min/max temperatures in heating mode, should I put in the min/max wet-bulb temperatures from the performance data? The Input/Output Reference just says "temperature". 


For heat recovery mode, the Input/Output Reference says the min/max temperatures should be dry-bulb temperatures that do not exceed the smaller range from the heating and cooling min/max values. This leads me to believe that the heating mode values should also be dry-bulb. Correct?


Thanks for any clarifications!


Best,
Steve Snyder



__._,_.___

Posted by: ssnyder3415@xxxxxxxxx


EnergyPlus support is found at:
http://energyplus.helpserve.com or send a message to energyplus-support@xxxxxxxx

The EnergyPlus web site is found at:
http://www.energyplus.net/

The group web site is:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/EnergyPlus_Support/

Attachments are currently allowed but be mindful that not everyone has a high speed connection.  Limit attachments to small files.

EnergyPlus Documentation is searchable.  Open EPlusMainMenu.pdf under the Documentation link and press the "search" button.




Visit Your Group
Yahoo! Groups
• Privacy • Unsubscribe • Terms of Use

__,_._,___