[EnergyPlus_Support] Heat transfer in a zone - ASHRAE 140-2001

Hi everyone,

I'm currently working on the modelisation of tests from the ASHRAE Standard 140-2001 and I have some issues with the in-depth cases. For those cases I put a door to modelise the opaque window as briefly described in a report from energy plus. For the two first cases (195, 200) it gives results that sound right according to the datas from ASHRAE Standard 140-2001 but with the introduction of IR emittance in cases 210 and 215, I find heating loads quite importants. For IR emittance inputs on opaque surface I used the Thermal absorptance and solar absorptance for shortwaves absorptance. But I wonder if there is a mix for IR emittance. My question is, are IR emittance and shortwaves absorptance strictly equal to Thermal absorptance and Solar absorptance on energy plus ?

And then i would like to know if there is a document which explain how are heat transfers modelised on energy plus (not just in the walls which are described on energy plus documentation but between each surface of the zone and the air).

Many thanks.

Raphaël

Posted by: raphael.peronnet@xxxxxxxxx

EnergyPlus support is found at: