Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Weather file for Sari

I have to say this is not very good advice.

1) Sari Aghol is NOT the same as the Sari-Desht-E-Naz (WMO#407826) location requested by the poster.  Sari Aghol is located in the mountains in Azerbaijan at 36.95°N 46.92°E, hundreds of kilometers distant from the coordinates mentioned in  the original post (36.56° N, 53.05° E) close to the Caspian Sea.

2) I've worked with WeatherUnderground data for years, and unless I'm particularly unskilled it would take weeks or  even a month for someone with no experience to convert such data to a *.epw weather file usable in the EnergyPlus program.  The most challenging part in making such a file is the calculation of solar radiation, which requires some information on cloud cover and sky conditions and even then a way to calculate the sun position.

3) I don't see the point for doing spatial interpolation if one has the recorded weather data for a site.  Besides,  the weather data needed for building energy simulations is an hourly time-series, not some climatic map of 30 year normals.

Joe

Joe Huang
White Box Technologies, Inc.
346 Rheem Blvd., Suite 205A