[EnergyPlus_Support] Dynamically Changing System AirFlow

I have a model with an 8 zone VAV system.  To model my building, I have forced to system to operate at maximum flow and 100% outside air.  The actual building air flow is 100% outdoor air with total flow adjusted dynamically by a monitor I can’t duplicate easily (how active a cooking grill is).  I tried using an EMS routine to reset the air flow mass at the inlet node of the zone terminal units using a mass flow schedule.  The EDD file shows that my calculations are working, but the CSV file flow and energy use are not changing. (I’ve tried alternate EMS calculation points to no avail.)

My question is do I have to reset all node flows in the air loop model to force the system to calculate at a different total air flow rate, or is there some other node location (like mixed air outlet) that would ripple the change through the system?

Thanks in advance…

Ned Lyon, P.E. (MA, WV)
Staff Consultant

SIMPSON GUMPERTZ & HEGER
     | Engineering of Structures and Building Enclosures

41 Seyon Street, Bldg. 1, Suite 500
Waltham, MA 02453

781.907.9000 main
781.907.9350 direct