[EnergyPlus_Support] iterations for fan-coils and warnings

Hello,

the LEED reviewers have asked the reason of many warnings.

Many are of the following kind:

   *************  ** Warning ** ZoneHVAC:FourPipeFanCoil="0AZ1:CUCINA FAN COIL UNIT"  -- Exceeded max iterations error (sensible runtime) continues...

   *************  **   ~~~   **   This error occurred 5842 total times;

   *************  **   ~~~   **   during Warmup 114 times;

   *************  **   ~~~   **   during Sizing 0 times.

In the .err file there is also:

** Warning ** ZoneHVAC:FourPipeFanCoil="0AZ1:CUCINA FAN COIL UNIT" -- Exceeded max iterations while adjusting cycling fan sensible runtime to meet the zone load within the cooling convergence tolerance.

   **   ~~~   ** Iterations=100 During Warmup, Environment=MILANO-LINATE ANN CLG 1% CONDNS DB=>MWB, at Simulation time=07/21 22:15 - 22:30

The control method of the fan-coil units is VariableFanVariableFlow

Both the â??Cooling Convergence Toleranceâ?? and the â??Heating Convergence Toleranceâ?? are equal to 0.001.

In the object ConvergenceLimits the â??Maximum HVAC Iterationsâ?? are equal to 25.

What do you suggest? Should I change some parameters or should I explain the reason to the reviers?

Best Regards and happy new year!

Posted by: fpasserini.tn@xxxxxxxxx

EnergyPlus support is found at:

The EnergyPlus web site is found at: