[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

[EnergyPlus_Support] Override IDF inputs in EnergyPlus through BCVTB





Hello, 


I am new to BCVTB and I have always used EP modifying the idf files with just the GUI, so please forgive me if my problems sound quite dumb to you all.

I am trying to change some default values of EP simulations. For example I would like to assign an external convection coefficient (h) for each face of my building. 
I understand I can do that with actuators in EMS, specifically with the "Surface Convection Heat Transfer Coefficient", but:

1) Is there a way to directly override the external surface temperature or I need to manipulate the convection coefficient?
2) How can I make the actuator interface with values I would provide from outside of the simulation?
3) The values change for each timestep and I guess here comes into play BCVTB. How can I dynamically override the external h value for each timestep?

Can anybody provide a simple example with a modified .idf file plus a system.xml and a .cfg for BCVTB?

Thanks you so much for your help!




__._,_.___

Posted by: carlobianchi89@xxxxxxxxx


EnergyPlus support is found at:
http://energyplus.helpserve.com or send a message to energyplus-support@xxxxxxxx

The EnergyPlus web site is found at:
http://www.energyplus.net/

The group web site is:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/EnergyPlus_Support/

Attachments are currently allowed but be mindful that not everyone has a high speed connection.  Limit attachments to small files.

EnergyPlus Documentation is searchable.  Open EPlusMainMenu.pdf under the Documentation link and press the "search" button.




Visit Your Group
Yahoo! Groups
• Privacy • Unsubscribe • Terms of Use

__,_._,___