[EnergyPlus_Support] PHASE CHANGE MATERIAL MODELLING- URGENT

I have been trying to understand how to model PCMs in Energy Plus and have been reading papers about it, but I'm still not sure how to input the data into the material properties section for PCMs. My questions are:

- Should I input the temperature and enthalpy data directly from DSC curves?

- Or should I follow this equation for calculating the enthalpy at each step? (below)

Considering a CONSTANT SPECIFIC HEAT from product data sheets (for example 2000)- (And constant thermal conductivity):

Energy Plus equation for PCMs:  Cp = h2-h1 / T2-T1

So considering an enthalpy of 0 at -20:

h2 = h1 + (T2-T1)*Cp

h2 = 0 + (10-(-20)) * 2000

is this correct or should I just input the data from DSC curves? There are so many confusing explanations in previous studies I have found, I am really in doubt as what I have to do, if somebody could help, it would be really really great!!

Posted by: shahrzadmars@xxxxxxxxx

EnergyPlus support is found at:

The EnergyPlus web site is found at:
http://www.energyplus.net/