Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Simulating 18th century fireplaces

As usual, Joe is "spot on" - the radiant effect is very important. I, too, understand that a fireplace can be a net negative (cooling) influence. Apparently some fireplace designs are better at radiating heat than others, but I don't know about this design aspect.