[EnergyPlus_Support] Euclid extension for SketchUp now available

Big Ladder Software is pleased to announce the first public release of Euclid!

Euclid is a free and open-source extension/plugin for SketchUp that makes it easy to create and modify the geometry inputs for building energy models. Euclid builds on the Legacy OpenStudio extension originally developed by the National Renewable Energy Laboratory (NREL). Because NREL no longer supports Legacy OpenStudio, Big Ladder Software has taken over maintenance, development, and support of the extension?now renamed as "Eucllid".

Just like its precursor, Euclid will continue to support reading and writing of EnergyPlus geometry in its native IDF format, but will also add new features and capabilities to read and write other energy model formats. Going forward we have awesome plans to add significant new functionality to make the extension an even more useful tool for energy modelers.

For more information, and to download the latest version, visit our Euclid project page here:
http://bigladdersoftware.com/projects/euclid/

Euclid will continue to be free and open source, just like Legacy OpenStudio. Feel free to share it with your coworkers and friends.

The latest versions include the following improvements over Legacy OpenStudio:

- Updated for compatibility with SketchUp 2016 and 2017 (SU 2015 may also work)
- Fixed bug where duplicate zones and surfaces were being created
- Updated for EnergyPlus 8.6 and 8.7
- Fixed error notification feature
- And other miscellaneous bug fixes.

One caveat on the update for EnergyPlus 8.6: The Daylighting:Controls object has changed in 8.6 and is not yet handled correctly. We expect to have a fix for this in an upcoming version. In the meantime the Daylighting:Controls tool and rendering has been temporarily disabled. Any daylighting sensors in your existing models will not be displayed, nor will they be deleted or modified.

If you have any problems with the Euclid extension, please let us know! You can ask a question on Unmet Hours, post a bug report on our issue tracker, or email us directly.

Thanks!

Peter Ellis
303.895.5246

Big Ladder Software