[EnergyPlus_Support] Questions about Phase Change Materials simulation. [1 Attachment]

Hi!
I am doing a study of the possible benefits of PCM integration as a method of passive cooling in Vienna. The study will focus on multiple questions concerning the efficiency and profitability of such solutions. Anyhow, my questions are mostly simulation-related, and I hope to find help here.

First of all, I found it very hard to get technical data sets of PCMs that are on sale. The enthalpy values are not so easily available. I have contacted a number of companies, but mostly the answers are either that they do not have that information or that they can provide additional information if I buy a certain quantity of their products. Am I doing something wrong, and can you suggest some ways to find this information?
So far I've been able to find detailed data of Knauf Comfortboard 23, and at this moment I chose it to be the used material in my study.

Now back to simulation questions. Attached you will find a data set for thermal simulation of the aforementioned Knauf Comfortboard 23.

Seeing the data set, it is not mentioned whether the thermal conductivity changes with temperature, therefore it is safe to assume it's constant?
Now my bigger issue is with enthalpy values which range until 27°C. In the Energy+ input-output reference (1.8.8.1.3 Field Set: Temperature-Enthalpy) it is stated: "It is suggested that the function start at a low temperature, and extend to 100C".
What to do when the data set does not go more than 27°C? Will the simulation be accurate enough if that is the last value or some assumptions should be made based on the previous temperature values?

To go along, I would be grateful if someone could suggest companies that produce PCMs for building usage, so I could contact them.

I am sorry if these are "rookie" questions, but it is my first time working with PCMs in Energy plus and I am quite unsure on how to start.

Thank you in advance,
Nedim

View attachments on the web

Posted by: nedimho@xxxxxxxx