[EnergyPlus_Support] CentralHeatPumpSystem with one chiller/heater

If I consider the figures of the of the â??Input ? Output Referenceâ?? (fig. 74-77) and p. 13337 of the Engineering Reference (â??In cooling or heating dominant simultaneous cooling-heating mode (mode 4 and 5), at

least one chiller-heater should be in heat recovery mode, and the other(s) are in either

mode 4 or mode 5â??), it seems that if there is only one chiller-heater, it cannot exchange heat with all the three loops (hot water loop, chilled water loop, source loop) at the same time. Correct?

Consider the case where CentralHeatPumpSystem is made of only one chiller-heater, it has to provide an amount X of cooling power but it has to provide a much lower amount Y of heating power. How does the model work? Does it overheat the hot water loop?

Iâ??m trying to model this system (with both radiant floors and water coils in the demand side, and PlantComponent:TemperatureSource in the source loop) but it doesnâ??t work properly. It provides no chilled water (there is water flow but the water is not chilled) and there is no water flow through the source loop, although itâ??s sized with a flow rate:

Component Sizing Information, CondenserLoop, CIRCUITO DI CONDENSAZIONE, Maximum Loop Flow Rate [m3/s], 9.88165E-004

I am reviewing the curves (I've used the parameters of the example CentralChillerHeaterSystem_Cooling_Heating).

Best Regards

Francesco

Posted by: fpasserini.tn@xxxxxxxxx

EnergyPlus support is found at: