[EnergyPlus_Support] Radiant Floor vs Forced Air [2 Attachments]

Dear Forum,

I'm comparing performance of a forced air heating system against a heated floor for a 100K ft2 (~10K m2) warehouse ... and I've never evaluated a heated floor energy model so I am not quite sure how it "thinks".
I've compared IDFs and see no errors, yet the gas difference makes no sense to me - so I must be missing something. Can you offer any suggestions?

p.s., IDFs attached in case anyone has time to review them, but I'm mostly wondering if there's something about how the heated floor works which is substantially different than forced air and requires, for example, a different control scheme.

--

James V Dirkes II, CEO / President
The Building Performance Team Inc.

(alphabet soup of efforts for greater understanding: PE, BEMP, BCxP, LEED AP)

Direct / Mobile: 616.450.8653
jim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxm

Website l  LinkedIn

Coffee conversation: Caring about truth means that we will look for evidence that disproves our proposition with the same diligence that we look for evidence that supports it.

__._,_.___
View attachments on the web

Posted by: Jim Dirkes <jim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

EnergyPlus support is found at:

The EnergyPlus web site is found at:
http://www.energyplus.net/

EnergyPlus Documentation is searchable.  Open EPlusMainMenu.pdf under the Documentation link and press the &quot;search&quot; button.

Visit Your Group
Yahoo! Groups
PrivacyUnsubscribeTerms of Use

Attachment not found: