Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Run Periods vs Sizing Periods

See this: https://bigladdersoftware.com/epx/docs/8-8/input-output-reference/group-simulation-parameters.html#simulationcontrol

Run simulation for sizing periods means the simulation will be run for the sizing days defined in the file. The next field runs the simulation for the run periods defined in the file.

When testing a new model to ensure that the inputs are good, and maybe even just to look at the sizing results, you can run the simulation for the sizing periods only--it will complete faster and is easier for debugging.

Note that the 'run simulation for sizing days' runs the entire simulation for sizing days just like it is for a normal run period, and all outputs are available for investigation. This is different from running E+ to do sizing calculations only where the normal simulation is not run.

Rahul