[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Uncertainty with Energy plus Enthalpy inputs for PCMs





Dear Jeremiah,

I have a quick question about the MaterialProperty: PhaseChangeHysteresis object. I already looked in the input/output difference and can't figure out the difference, maybe it's a language barrier, however I hope you (or someone else) can clarify.

What is the difference between these two:

1.8.9.1.6 Field: High Temperature Difference of Melting Curve
This is the width of the enthalpy/specific heat melting curve, on the high side of the peak melting temperature, in Kelvin (technically it is â??change in Kelvinâ??).

1.8.9.1.8 Field: Low Temperature Difference of Melting Curve
This is the width of the enthalpy/specific heat melting curve, on the low side of the peak melting temperature, in Kelvin (technically it is â??change in Kelvinâ??).
 
 The material I am simulating starts melting at 23°C and finishes at 28°C. The peak melting temperature is 25°C.

I am very confused on what values to input under High/Low Temperature Difference of Melting Curve.

Thanks in advance!



__._,_.___

Posted by: nedimho@xxxxxxxx


EnergyPlus support is found at:
http://energyplus.helpserve.com or send a message to energyplus-support@xxxxxxxx

The EnergyPlus web site is found at:
http://www.energyplus.net/

The group web site is:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/EnergyPlus_Support/

Attachments are currently allowed but be mindful that not everyone has a high speed connection.  Limit attachments to small files.

EnergyPlus Documentation is searchable.  Open EPlusMainMenu.pdf under the Documentation link and press the "search" button.




Visit Your Group
Yahoo! Groups
• Privacy • Unsubscribe • Terms of Use

__,_._,___