Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] weather data-updated

You need to be more specific on what kinds of weather data are of interest - design conditions?  "typical year" hourly weather files?  historical hourly weather files ?

The weather.whiteboxtechnologies.com web site has about 130,000 hourly weather files for more than 8,000 locations around the world, including both "typical year" and historical files dating back to 2001.  If you're looking for a collection of  "typical year" weather files for around the world, you may consider ASHRAE's IWEC2 (International Weather for Energy Calculations 2) that  were developed in a 4-year project using weather reports from thousands of stations throughout the world going back 25 years, and covers locations outside of the United States and Canada. The entire set of 3,012 IWEC2 weather files is available on a DVD from ASHRAE (see www.techstreet.com/ashrae/products/1823067 )

Individual IWEC2 weather files are available online from White Box Technologies, Inc. in various formats (BINM for DOE-2, EPW for EnergyPlus, etc.), as well as country sets or even the entire IWEC2 collection. For a complete list of all IWEC2 stations, see www.whiteboxtechnologies.com/IWEC2_locations.txt. For details on online access to IWEC2 weather files, see http://weather.whiteboxtechnologies.com .

Joe

Joe Huang
White Box Technologies, Inc.
346 Rheem Blvd., Suite 205A