[EnergyPlus_Support] Re: NEW UPDATES FOR EUCLID PLUG-IN

Hello Juan,

I work at Big Ladder Software, the company that develops the Euclid extension for SketchUp. The latest version of Euclid is based on EnergyPlus v8.7, but any geometry-specific objects (zones, surfaces, windows, shades, doors, etc.) haven't changed since then. So, you could use Euclid to draw geometry for an EnergyPlus input file in the most recent v8.9, and even though you will see a warning message appear the version of the input file and Euclid don't match, you shouldn't have any issues.

One thing I will point out is that currently Euclid does not allow you to define the locations of a daylight sensor in SketchUp. That, along with the other daylighting controls strategies, are defined manually in the EnergyPlus input file through a text editor or IDF Editor.

We are working on adding updates to Euclid, and hope to have an updated version released soon.

Regards,

Aaron Boranian

Posted by: aaron.boranian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

EnergyPlus support is found at: