Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Re: Eplus Heat Balance for opaque and transparent building component

Yes. You've identified the correct variables. Your "surface resistance" is the inverse of the surface convection  coefficient. (just like R-values and U-Values) Make sure to report at timestep frequency as the default setting is usually hourly.

In the documentation you will find that indeed there are a few algorithms that the user can select for the heat transfer methods. CondFD and... I FORGET the transfer function method terminology... are the two main methods.

The algorithms that solve the convection coefficients are also user definable. The default is the "adaptive" one that will include slope of the surface and even air change rates.