Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] New Climate Data available from Climate.OneBuilding -- Canada ... and our 10,000th location!

FYI, the link to Hawaii from the North Central America tab is not working. HI is available via the SW Pacific region tab.

On 7/10/2019 8:18 AM, Jim Dirkes Jim@xxxxxxxxx [EnergyPlus_Support] wrote:
Dru,
I don't know how you're managing to do all of this work, but offer a big "Thank you!" to whomever is doing it and funding it.

James V Dirkes II, PE, BEMP, BCxP
Team Lead - Building Performance
616 450 8653
Foresight Management

Coffee Conversation:

If “freedom” is ability to do whatever we want, whenever we want and with whomever… that’s lawlessness or anarchy. Try that with traffic…. then think about what might happen if you try it with your life.

From: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> on behalf of Dru Crawley dbcrawley@xxxxxxxxx [EnergyPlus_Support] <EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, July 9, 2019 6:48 PM
To: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [EnergyPlus_Support] New Climate Data available from Climate.OneBuilding -- Canada ... and our 10,000th location!

Climate.OneBuilding.org is pleased to announce the availability of new climate data (TMYx) -- including our 10,000th location -- 839 locations in Canada. These new data include 2018 (TMYx based on 2004-2018 data) and NSRDB PSM V3 (https://nsrdb.nrel.gov/) solar data for Canada.

TMYx are derived from the ISD (US NOAA's Integrated Surface Database) with hourly data through 2018 using the TMY2/ISO ISO 15927-4:2005 methodologies. Of course, any naming mistakes in any of the countries are ours. More details on the numbers of locations by country are at the end of this message.

Adding these data to the earlier (April/October/November 2018 and February/March 2019) sets for the rest of the world, Climate.OneBuilding.org now provides climate TMYx data at no cost for more than 10,600 locations and another 3,200 from other data sources worldwide. A TMYx data set for the United States is in progress. All data have been through extensive quality checking to identify and correct data errors and out of normal range values where appropriate.

Each climate location .zip on Climate.OneBuilding.org contains: EPW (EnergyPlus weather format), CLM (ESP-r weather format), and WEA (Daysim weather format) along with DDY (ASHRAE design conditions in EnergyPlus format), RAIN (hourly precipitation in mm, where available), and STAT (expanded EnergyPlus weather statistics).

For more information or to download any of the weather data (no cost), go to http://climate.onebuilding.org

Climate files in this update:

·         TMYx WMO Region 4 (North and Central America) 839 Canadian locations, 1634 climate files: 839 from full dataset, 795 with 2004-2018 years data.

--
Richard A. Raustad
Senior Research Engineer

Program Director