[Equest-users] Explanation of Roof and commaon wall

Karen Walkerman kwalkerman at gmail.com
Fri Aug 1 05:41:50 PDT 2008

Hi Aviruch,

blocks inserted adjacent to each other usually understand that the common
wall is internal.  This is shown on screen #2 of the shell editing wizard by
a dotted line.  eQuest does not understand that for two shells with
identical footprints, one on top of the other, that only the top shell has a
roof.  For the lower shell, select "adiabatic" (no heat transfer) as roof
type on screen #3.  If the lower shell has a partial roof only, you may have
to make some adjustments in the detail edit mode.

This question has been asked alot on this list.  You can probably find more
(and possibly more detailed) answers by searching the archive.

--
Karen