[Equest-users] Multizone heating question

Marcus Eliason meliason at essexco.com
Thu Dec 11 10:25:44 PST 2008

Hello,

I am modeling an existing building with multizone air handlers with chilled
water coils for cooling and hot water coils for heating.  The hot water is
generated by a gas furnace.  I am seeing some discrepancies in my gas usage
from actual to the simulation.  In the actual building, the gas usage is
only  high in the winter months (the building is in the south) and is next
to nothing in summer months.  I have tried all the various methods of coil
control under the "heating" tab and cannot get the simulation to reflect the
real life usage.  Does anybody have any ideas on how to control the heating
better?  Representative files are attached.

Marcus Eliason