[Equest-users] increase IN WALL INSULATIVE VALUE HAS NEGLIGIBLE IMPACT ON ENERGY SAVING.

Cyrus Grimes cgrimes at dynamix-ltd.com
Thu Dec 18 11:51:35 PST 2008

I am running a school in a 4A climate. I have run a 65000 sqft school with  a baseline steel-framed wall U-value of .124 and a proposed cavity wall with a U value of .05 and have only seen a 1% drop in energy consumption! The wall have approximately 20% window coverage and most exterior spaces are classrooms with 24 students in them.

What is going on!!! A similar project on Green Building studio had an  8-10% savings.

                  Cyrus Grimes, LEED(r) AP               .
                    Mechanical Engineer

Corporate Office
1108 City Park Avenue, 3rd Floor
Columbus, Ohio 43206

Phone (614) 443-1178 ext. 274
Fax: (614) 443-1594
e-mail: cgrimes at dynamix-ltd.com

 www.dynamix-ltd.com
P Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail note