[Equest-users] Meters

Seth P. Spangler sspangle at rmf.com
Mon Jul 21 07:32:17 PDT 2008

Hello All,

I have two questions about steam/chilled water meters.

1)                          There is a spot to specify equipment
efficiency -->source to site efficiency. Does this factor affect the
amount of steam/chilled water required for my system? In other words if
I set the efficiency to 1 then the load in the reports is what my
equipment needs to satisfy my conditions. If I set the efficiency to .6
then will my loads will be higher to compensate for losses in
transmission from the plant to my site?

2)                          My unmet load hours doubled when I removed
the chillers/boilers and replaced them with meters. Does anyone have an
explanation for why this occurs or how I can fix it?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Seth Spangler, LEED(r) AP

Design Engineer

RMF Engineering, Inc