[Equest-users] Shell vs. Floor Multipliers

Brian Fountain bfountain at greensim.com
Mon Jul 7 14:37:33 PDT 2008

No they are different.  Shells can be made up of multiple floors of the
same floorplate.  Floors are, well, floors.

I often use floor multipliers -- this will create a bottom floor (of the
shell), a typical middle floor with a floor multiplier of the number of
middle floors plus a top floor (again, of the shell).  If you do not use
floor multipliers, then each floor is explicitly defined.  This
typically slows the simulation without increasing accuracy.

I have only used a shell multiplier once -- when I had a campus
residence model with several identical 3-storey residence buildings
making up the campus.

Hope this is clear.  My wording sounds fuzzy to be -- but it is a hot,
sunny Monday here.