[Equest-users] Assign U value for all External wall

Steven Savich ssavich at systemswestengineers.com
Wed Jul 23 08:35:28 PDT 2008

Aviruch,

Select an exterior surface and bring up its properties menu.  Place the
cursor over the construction selection box and right click.  Choose the
"Edit/View User Default" option.  You will be shown a dialogue box with
three options:

Use DOE2 Default

User Defined Default Value

User Defined Default Expression

Select the button next to User Defined Default Value and make a wall type
selection from the drop down menu to the right.  This will now be your
default exterior wall construction.  All exterior walls that are assigned to
a DOE2 default construction (displayed in green) will now be automatically
changed to the User Defined Default and displayed in blue.  Values that have
been changed by the wizard or by the user and are displayed in red will not
automatically change to the user default.  If you want those values to
change to your new default, you will need to individually change them back.
To reset a value to default, right click on it and select "Restore Default".

Hope this helps.

Steven Savich

Systems West Engineers

411 High Street