[Equest-users] eQuest in Vista - [SPAM-CRB] Email found in subject

Jason Schaeffer Jason.Schaeffer at crbusa.com
Mon Jun 30 13:52:17 PDT 2008

Karen,

I had this problem too.  By default, Vista tries to protect the Program
Files folder and its subfolders from having one user making changes that
will affect all other users.  So when eQuest tries to write a file to

C:\Program Files\eQUEST 3-6\Projects

the file system actually stores the file in

C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\eQUEST
3-6\Projects .

 (where "username" is the name of the user who is running the eQuest
session)

Windows Explorer can only see the files where they actually live, but
older applications will be provided a file list by Vista that combines
the contents of the two folders.

I hope this helps.

Jason Schaeffer

CRB Consulting Engineers