[Equest-users] a few eQuest questions

Marcus Eliason meliason at essexco.com
Fri Nov 7 11:04:35 PST 2008

Hello all,

I have a few eQuest questions to pose:

1)  How does eQuest take into account temperature set points not being met
during building start-up?  In the core zones of my model, I am getting a lot
of under heated hours.  Looking at the SS-O report, the under heated hours
are generally confined to the start-up hours before occupancy is achieved.
Previously, I have used the % outside throttling range as an indicator of
model performance but should I not be worrying about these unmet hours?

My next questions refer to how to modify things in the detailed mode:

2) I want to model blinds in the buildings, but did not set them up in the
wizard.  It seems I have to add them as layers, but since I did not create
the original window using layers this seems to be impossible in the detailed
mode.  Is there a way to do this?

3) Is there a global way to modify schedules in the detailed mode?  I would
like to see the effect of a 4-day work week on these buildings but can not
seem to find a way of doing this if I have to modify each individual PIU
zone schedule for the entire building.

I have attached some relevant files.  Thank you for your assistance.

Marcus Eliason, LEED AP
Essex Engineering Corporation
404.365.9482
meliason at essexco.com